The Obama health care reform has been called many things lately, some outrageous and some scary, but none of the descriptions I have heard include "caring."
- Kathleen Sebelius says it will break the imaginary health insurance "monopoly" (as if all of the the private insurance companies are secretly owned by a crazy billionaire like George Soros).
- The National Chamber of Commerce says it will lead to a government monopoly.
- Sara Palin says it will create a "death panel" and effectively only offer health care to citizens whom the government deems "productive."
- Dick Morris says that it will inundate our doctors with too many patients and not enough incentives for new doctors to enter the medical field. Read more of Dick's analysis at DickMorris.com.
- House and Senate Democrats say it does doesn't does doesn't does include taxpayer funded abortions and pork for abortion industry giants like Planned Parenthood.
- Conservatives say it will provide health-care for non-citizens and bankrupt the nation.
- President Obama says the AARP supports the reform
- AARP says President Obama "mis-spoke" (because it is tacky to call the president a liar).
Support for the reform is deteriorating faster than a "non-productive" citizen with stage 4 cancer. What Obamacare needs is a good marketing plan with some catchy slogans like:
- Obamacare: It's health-care like no one (else) cares.
- Obamacare: The first step in reducing voluntary immigration.
- Obamacare: Our citizens are dying for it.
- Obamacare: Because "Obama" is Kishwahili for "I don't . . ."
- Obamacare: The elderly need not worry, we are rationing conservatives first.
- Obamacare: Because government programs are so efficient.
- Obamacare: Like Hillarycare, but it has a "big stimulus package."
Once everyone is successfully enrolled in Obamacare, we will have enough revenue to publish the Obamacare quarterly magazine with helpful articles and pretty pictures to keep loyal subjects informed and entertained.
Everyone stands to lose under the 1,000 + page bills the house and senate are working on. Members of congress are having town hall meetings around the country over the next month. Make sure you attend and let your opinions be known--while you still can.
Did you see the John Stossel report on Obamacare? It is a must see video. Check it out through this post by my friend, Quipster.