Mercury has been found in some skin creams, antiseptic soaps and lotions that are marketed as skin lighteners and anti-aging treatments, according to a report released by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
. . . Some symptoms of mercury poisoning include tremors, irritability, sudden shyness and memory problems, changes in vision or hearing, depression, and numbness and tingling in hands, feet or around mouth.
The FDA warns consumer to stop use that if words like “mercurous chloride,” “calomel,” “mercuric,” “mercurio,” or “mercury,” appear in the product labeling, and to immediately discard them in a plastic bad or leak proof container. The agency also warned that products labeled in languages other than English should also not be used.
I saw this article while browsing Quipster's blog recently. Mercury poisoning is a serious health issue. Ladies, check your make-up.
Do you know what else has mercury in it? Fluorescent light bulbs. If you use CFL bulbs in your house, be very careful when you dispose of them. If one breaks in your house, follow these clean-up procedures.